Thursday, November 15, 2012

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Pt. 2



         I have always tried to look for something good in all the films I see. For the first four films in the Twilight series all I could think was “well the state of Washington sure looks good.” It was real hard to find anything else worthwhile. I think it was because first off I am not a teenage girl and second I think I have good taste. So here we are with the final offering in a very forgettable film series, so what do they have in store for us this time?

      Well Bella (Kristen Stewart) is now a vampire. She awakens from her near death experience with a new look on life, or in her case not being alive. Everything looks and sounds different, except of course how she looks at Edward (Robert Pattinson). The whole Cullen family welcomes her to her new existence. Of course she wants to see her daughter Renesmee (Mackenzie Foy), who has her own special gift. Things though are not all rosy, as the Volturi believe Renesmee is something other than what she really is. The Cullens do not want to fight the Volturi, and instead gather witnesses to help persuade them to tell the truth of who Renesmee truly is. The Cullens know that this may not be possible and also prepare for a fight that most of them may not survive. The Volturi come to punish the Cullens, for what they believe is a crime, but will they be persuaded to believe the truth or will they fight in order for Renesmee to be safe?

     I will say my expectations were rather low coming into this film. I have seen nothing from the previous films to give me any hope that this will end well. I do have some good news, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and dear I say it, some parts were actually enjoyable. Now the acting is still questionable, especially the lack of it by both Stewart and Lautner. Also the story is still not something that will ever be confused with being quality. The thing the film lacks though is given life by a few elements. First I will say Bill Condon has added a beauty that the first three films lacked. With Condon’s direction, the Breaking Dawn films had a more clear vision.  I had heard stories that these were the weaker books in Stephanie Meyer‘s series, but I would disagree. The series definitely ended on a good note. With Condon’s direction and a very enjoyable soundtrack, this final film is at more times than I thought possible, worth watching.  Now I won’t be running out to join team Edward or team Jacob, and I am still very glad that this is the last Twilight film I will ever have to see.  Unless Meyer gets hard up for more millions.  All in all I can say though it ended very well, and a small part of me, and I do mean a very small part of me thought it was just starting to get good.

 

Brian Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment